Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Here goes!

I have been toying with the idea of blogging for years now. I've also been told several times that I really should give it a whirl. I have always loved to write, and in recent years I've developed a love for reading blogs, too, but there's always been some reason why I couldn't get started on my own...I am a fairly guarded person until I feel very comfortable, so I have often felt particularly private about whatever I might want to write. Some bloggers definitely do OVERshare, but that is not my style! At times I know I was just overwhelmed with being the homeschooling mother to many small children, juggling too many things already; and then there's the unfamiliarity of it all. I've written in paper journals off and on for years, and it's very comfortable to me to sit with a notebook and a nice pen and just WRITE. Typing my thoughts and putting them out there for the whole world to see? Well that's change, my friends, and change can be scary!

In the interest of keepin' it real from the beginning, I'm also going to admit what is possibly the silliest reason to not start blogging: I struggled mightily to come up with a clever/original/available blog title, and not only that, I don't know how to introduce myself here. My given name is Susanna- so that's what's on my Social Security card, my credit cards and checks, etc. It is also, of course, what my parents call me. (If you go back far enough you'll find my birth certificate actually says Susan, but that's another story!) At this point in my life there are plenty of people who call me by my full name, but at some point I also became Sue, and it has stuck, to the point where it feels a little odd when my hubby refers to me as anything else! Most of the time it is comfortable and it's just who I am- but at the same time I have far too many moments in which I struggle to relax and be myself; this whole name conundrum is just one example! And besides, don't I need some catchy, clever little blurb about myself for a bio? Yes, I think I put WAY too much energy into worrying about such trivialities sometimes!

So, here I am. I'm not sure yet what this blog will be, but it has always been my experience that words are like rabbits- put a couple of them together and very soon you'll have a whole bunch! I'm just going to play around and see where it goes as I get the hang of it...I may choose to write about funny things my kids say or do, great deals I find due to my couponing obsession, homeschooling, parenting, God, or even share my favorite recipes. If you're up for the adventure and want to follow along, all I ask is that you throw me a comment once in awhile!

1 comment:

  1. I love your introduction. And the title reminds me of somethng I've thought about many times, and almost blogged about myself! Maybe you'll inspire me to start writing again. :)

    ReplyDelete